Abstract submission for oral presentations or poster presentations
Submission deadline: 2nd of June 2020
Please fill out the form below to submit your scientific abstract for an oral (±12 minutes presentation + discussion) or poster presentation. Abstracts for oral presentations may be submitted as a symposium or as a individual presentation. For individual presentations, the scientific committee will combine abstracts on related topics into coherent symposia.
Abstracts must be submitted online. Do not fax, mail or email your abstract as it will not be considered. Only completed forms, uploaded on our website before the deadline will be taken into consideration.
Please note that any contribution can only be scheduled if presenting authors have registered for participation at the conference (this can be done after acceptance). Please register before the deadline.
The scientific committee will select abstracts based on quality, and will select a diverse range of topics.
Requirements for symposia
- Symposia typically consist of 4 individual speakers (approximately 15 minutes each) and ample room for discussion, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Roles are symposium convenor, individual presenters and optionally moderator/discussant.
Instructions for submitting symposia
There are two options for submitting symposia:
- The symposium convenor collects the abstracts from the collaborating presenters and creates an overall abstract for the symposium, describing its aims and content. Subsequently, the convenor can submit all abstracts on behalf of the speakers.
- A symposium convenor collects the abstracts from the collaborating presenters and creates an overall abstract for the symposium, describing its aims and content. The presenters submit their abstracts individually.
Requirements for posters
- Posters must be A0 size (= 841 mm x 1189 mm) in portrait orientation.
- Include the title of your presentation at the top of the poster. The title should be the same as in the submitted abstract. Characters should be a minimum of 48 point font size. Your name, co-authors and affiliation(s) should also be displayed on the poster. HEADINGS 48 to 60 point font size is recommended for headings.
- 24 to 32 font size single spaced is recommended. The text should be concise and easy to read. Avoid using a mixture of type/font styles.
- Panels need to be very simple, concise and visually attractive. Results should be presented graphically if possible, and be in line with those originally submitted in your abstract. Avoid large tables of data.
- Use pictures, symbols and colour. Figure legends are essential and should be short but informative. If using graphs, they should have a short heading. We recommend that graphs and photographs be no smaller than 12cm x 18cm.